To set a time limit, open the MYFamily Protection portal. Go into your child’s account and choose Rules, then Time Usage Limits. In this section you can manage the time your child will use the device or access the Internet.
Tip: We recommend that you discuss with your child why you are putting a time-limit on his or her device.
How to Configure Time Limits
1. Please visit the Family Portal and login.
2. On the tab for your child, choose Rules.
3. Choose Time Usage Limits.
4. To enable Usage Schedule slide No to Yes. Now choose the Restricted hours by highlighting them in red.
5. If you want to set Weekday and Weekend time allowance please go to Time Allowance section below. Slide No to Yes in order to enable this feature and select the number of hours your child is allowed to spend using the device.
Tip: Consider discussing the changes you’ve made with your child.
6. Please use Device Lock Type section in order to select device action once your child has reached the limit:
Lock Navigation - Prevents Internet access in the browser but allows offline device use
Lock Device - Prevents both online and offline device use
Alert Me - Sends you an alert when your child reaches his or her limit
You can restrict all your devices to the same time limits, or you can set individual time schedules by device. To Enable Schedule by Device slide No to Yes.
Now you can switch between the tabs for each device and manage manage time limits individually for each one of them. Now you can manage each device following the process described above.