MYFamily Protection provides several different settings to setup protection on Android devices. To view these settings and modify them, visit your Family Portal and go to Settings > Devices > Edit device options. You can choose to access the device name & users window, or the android device settings window.
Device name & users
In the device name & users screen, you can:
- Modify the name of the device, by simply typing in the name you want to use.
- Choose to hide MYFamily Protection on the device, by simply checking the box next to the Hide MYFamily Protection on this device text. Note however that it is not possible to completely hide MYFamily Protection on Android phones or tablets, because MYFamily Protection will still be listed in the list of applications in use. However, it is possible to remove the quick access manually by moving it to the trash.
- Select which child to protect on the device, by simply selecting the corresponding user in the dropdown next to the device name. Note that MYFamily Protection does not offer multiuser support on Android devices, but depending on the device, it might be possible to install a new copy of MYFamily Protection for each user on the device.
Android device settings
In the Android device settings screen, you can:
- Protect Android settings. This option is turned off by default but it is highly recommended to activate it to increase protection on Android devices. Once turned on, this option prevent the device user from accessing the general settings of the device without MYFamily Protection's password, and from changing key settings that could disable MYFamily Protection's protection, such as changing the date and time on the device.
- Protect the MYFamily Protection app. This option is turned on by default and prevent the device user from accessing the settings of MYFamily Protection on the device without MYFamily Protection's password.
- Block Incognito Browsing. This option blocks incognito browsing on the device. To learn more incognito mode and what MYFamily Protection can do to prevent users from accessing unsafe websites in Incognito, please read this article.